Friday, June 5, 2009

Eyes That Roam

It is wonderful to have many friends, especially friends in many places.

For the past few weeks I have been preparing for Creative Arts Camp at my home in Texas. In order to not miss any calls to the Rexford office of Shepherd's Staff, I have the phone there forwarding calls to my cell phone which now lives on my belt.

So when my trusty Blackberry shows 785 I answer Shepherd's Staff, this is Joan.

When It shows 817 I answer Hi this is Joan.

My friend Connie who is on our camp staff, arrived in Rexford a few weeks early and offered to "cover the bases" ie fax the bills to me each day as well as some other activities there. (Like putting out buckets where the two roofs now leak)

Today, I got a call from Eunice, a friend in Kansas who had happened to meet Connie who was shopping in her home town near by. Connie identified herself as a Staff person and Eunice in turn shared that she too was my friend. (Kinda like Face Book ).

Later in the day, Eunice called 785 , which rang at 692 and said "do you know Connie's cell phone number? She has left her purse at the store where we met and I have taken it to my house for safe keeping.

Now only the rarest cell phone rings in Rexford these days so I told Eunice I would email Connie that her purse had been found.

So I first tried to call 785 in hopes that Connie was in the office. However, 785 bounced back to 817. Then Connie got the hint and called me back.

"Hi Connie- are you in the office?"

"Yes,I'm sitting at your desk"

"Is your purse there?" I asked.

"Oh no, do you know where it is? I've looked frantically everywhere for it . It is full of my important identity stuff etc." How did you know I have lost it?"

"Oh I have lots of godly friends who care for me and the ministry of Shepherd's Staff," Eunice has your purse and here is her phone number and address. "

God takes care of His children, even when we lose stuff! Even when we are scattered across the earth.

"For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His" ( II Chronicles 16:9 NAS)

No comments:

Post a Comment

jdingw@yahoo.com